The FHWA’s Center for Local Aid Support has developed a series of self-paced online training courses for local agencies and tribal communities. The addition of these courses demonstrates the agency’s commitment to empowering transportation professionals with the skills necessary to deploy new innovation that keeps transportation moving into the future.
The courses are conducted 100% online and are on-demand, allowing users to learn at their own pace and on their own time.
The training courses focus on Every Day Counts initiatives such as:
- Safe Transportation for Every Pedestrian (STEP)
- Geosynthetic Reinforced Soil – Integrated Bridge System (GRS-IBS)
- Gravel Roads Construction and Maintenance
- Construction Inspection of Rockeries
- Project Bundling: (1) Fundamentals Event, (2) Staging the Bundle Event, and (3) Creating and Contracting the Bundle Event
CLAS will continue to develop training that will keep transportation moving into the future. These courses can be accessed on the CLAS website.