Crowdsourcing for Advancing Operations is one of the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA) Every Day Counts (EDC) initiatives for the 2021-2022 round. The program is looking for innovative solutions to integrating low-cost data, such as information from smartphones or connected vehicles, into transportation systems management and operations (TSMO). To support this effort, FHWA is offering “Adventures in Crowdsourcing”, a series of virtual events with industry leaders sharing their knowledge and solutions. More information on this EDC-6 Initiative, including case studies is available here.
This webinar series restarts in May 2022 with several monthly webinars listed below. Click on the links below to learn more about each forthcoming event and to register.
- May 19: Commercial Motor Vehicles and Crowdsourced Data
- Jun 15: Analytics Tools to Improve Operational Planning
- Jul 20: Work Zone Data and Crowdsourcing
- Aug 17: Crowdsourced Data for Arterial Operations
- Sep 21: Free Navigation App Data for Better Operations
Visit the Adventures in Crowdsourcing webinar page to view past webinars, or click on one of the links below to view a specific webinar.
- September 2021: Open Source Code to Jump Start Analytics
- August 2021: Emergency Management
- July 2021: Vehicle Video Analytics and Connected Vehicle Data for Operations and Planning
- June 2021: Modern Data Management
- May 2021: Active Work Zone Monitoring and Management
- December 2020: New Destinations with FHWA EDC-6 Innovation
- October 2020: Business Case for Crowdsourced Data
- September 2020: Using Crowdsourced Data for Traveler Information
- August 2020: Validating Crowdsourced Data
- May 2020: Social Media for Improved Operations
- April 2020: Identifying and Managing the Back of Queues
- Feb 2020: Crowdsourcing Traffic Signal Applications
- Jan 2020: Crowdsourced Data Management and Governance
- Dec 2019: Crowdsourcing and Vendor Engagement
- Nov 2019: Engaging Navigation Provider
- Oct 2019: Crowdsourced Incident Management Tools